Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 21

I want the beginning of my pastiche to start out "Once upon a time" because it sounds like a good place to start. I think this is the best starting for a fairytale story. Most stories start with "Once upon a time" because its what happens a long time ago, but I do not want my story to start far back into the past. I would like it to be maybe in the 1800 or something. "Once upon a time" I believe works with the stories that have magic, or magical creatures in it. Or a story that has a happy ever after. My story has a happy ever after.

I believe fairy tales should start out "Once Upon A Time" because the story is not trust. It has some kind of twist to it. The twist is usually the magically person or object that help the girl or guy get to her happily ever after. In Cinderella that would be the godmother but Snow-White and Rose-Red, there really is not a magically creature that helps them get their fairy tale ending. There is the dwarf but he is trying to keep the Prince from his fairy tale ending but in the end the girls get theirs too.


3 comments:

  1. Why are there only periods for this blog? Are you going to come back in and write about the topic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good beginning, but do you want your story to be like every other fairy tale that there is? Think outside of the box. It is a good start though. Good job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your first line should be different because it would seem like just another original story.

    ReplyDelete