The theme to Snow-White and Rose-Red in my opinion is that they keep helping the dwarf get out of his situations when he is in trouble. If they wouldn’t of helped him then it wouldn’t of came to the point where the bear got to kill the dwarf. The girls wouldn’t of saw it so therefore they wouldn’t of ever found out that he was really a prince. I also think that “Good defeats evil” in this story because the bear is sweet and doesn’t want to hurt anyone but the dwarf is grumpy, rude, and disrespectful so he got the short end of the stick.
I also think that “We cannot defeat an external evil until we acknowledge our own dark side” because the bear had to find his own inner evil to be able to defeat him. He deserved it though because he was so rude. The things that I believe support the moral or message at the end are:
-The bear killing the dwarf
-The girls helping the dwarf out of his situation twice
-The girls helping the bear in the first place when he needed shelter in the winter.

No comments:
Post a Comment