Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 3

The most important aspects in my story that I would like to share would be that the daughters are close to their mother and that they are very close as well. That they are sweet, friendly, and helpful to the animals and whoever else needs it. How they help the bear when he needs it and how he is friendly and will not hurt them. I believe all this is important because it shows how the girls are and what they are all about.

They live in the forest and I am changing the climate to instead of going from Summer, to Autumn, to Winter, to Spring with the snow and everything, it will still be that way but instead I plan to make it just a little bit cold in the winter instead of freezing and without the snow. They do not have snow in Brazil. The climate in Brazil is tropical and there is no dry season.

There are a lot of vegetables in the amazon. Wet tropical forests are the most species-rich biome. Aside from the meetings of the waters, the main attractions are tours of the largest biodiversity on the planet, with a fauna of more than 250 species of mammals, 2,000 types of fish and 1,100 types of birds. In the story I am rewriting the girls have to go find fish for their mother and I plan to keep that the same.

Geography in the Amazon: The Amazon River is the home of the highest mountain in Brazil, which stand at 2,994 meters above sea level. The state is almost entirley covered by the Amazon Rainforest. Amazon Rainforest is divided into three types of habitat; igapos which is permanently flooded land, where roots of vegetation always submerge, vareas which are higher than igapos, land is only submerged when rivers are at their hightest during the wet season, and low plateau which higher still, but never submerge. I haven't decided on which division of the Amazon Rainforest I would like to be the setting of my rewrite.

Parintins Folklore Festival is a popular annual celebration held in the Brazilian city of Amazonas and Parintins. It is combines music, dance and all the cultural roots of the state.

I believe I will rewrite my story in the time period where the Spanish explorers gave the Amazon River the name "Amazonias". Less common version states that the term Amazon comes from a local Amerindian word, amassunu, which means "sounds of the waters". I need to find more information about this to tell for sure what I would like to do.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful job with the research. You have made lists and discussed each one in depth. Doing this will help with the writing of your story. I like that you have chosen something unique as I am learning from you - the teacher - in this activity. Great job!

    ReplyDelete