Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 5

For the characters in my rewrite, I would like to keep the names of Snow-White, and Rose-Red and keep the idea of them being named after the rose bushes in front of the house. For the mother, there wasn't a name for her so I plan to make up one. I think I would want her name to be 'Rose' so that the daughters names her name relate in some way. The bear did not have a name either but I plan to make up one as well. I think I might make his name 'Teddy' because he is a bear and the girls play with him when he sleeps by the fire. Plus it makes it kind of cute and funny. The dwarf where just described as grumpy but depending on how many they are, I kind of want to use the names from "Snow-White and the 7 Dwarfs". But then I wouldn't be making it my own.

For the Snow-White and Rose-Red, I plan to put them in portuguese. I don't know if there are roses in Brazil, but I want to keep it a flower. I would like to make it a flower that is just as beautiful. I don't know if is ok for me to use the 7-Dwarfs names but in portuguese. If it ok then I plan to use them. If not, I think I can find something different.

1 comment:

  1. Two paragraphs is the minimum to receive points. Also, you cannot use the original names as they have been copyrighted, hence the creation of names for your own story. You chose a culture, the names have to reflect that culture.

    ReplyDelete